The Cook family is my “go to” family for stories. The Cooks provide an opportunity to write about all subjects that deal with genealogy.
- The tragedy of going down with a ship? Check
- Surviving a ship wreck? Check
- Surviving a train wreck? Check
- Taking in a child as your adopted child when a parent has died and the surviving parent not able to care for the children? Check
- Attended an inaugural ball of a United States President? Check
- State politician? Check
- United States politician? Check
- Serial Entrepreneur? Check
- Family unable to agree as to when the patriarch of the family passed away? Check
The list could, and does go on.
So please pardon the many posts about this family. I find them fascinating.
The Cook Family Stories Choose Your Own Adventure
The Cook Family Category allows you to scroll through the posts.
OR Follow the links below to read the posts by date, title or subject matter.
The Cook Family Stories
- My Cook Family Layers. Like an Onion – Cook Research
- What is in the Spelling of a Name? – Lewis Herman Cook
- A Modicum of Truth – Conner Healy
- All in the Family – Marathon County, Wisconsin Postmasters in the Cook family
- Riverside Cemetery – Appleton, Wisconsin
- A Face to a Name – 1860. Jane McGarvy Cook
- September 8, 1860 – 1860. The Lady Elgin Disaster
- Maps. Another Layer to the Story – 1860. The Lady Elgin Disaster
- A Closer Look at the Map – 1872. John Stephens Map of the City of Appleton
- Collision on a Grade – 1893. Alfred Cook
- The Drew Street House – 1895. Jacob H. Cook
- Still Troubles Him – 1899. Jacob H. Cook
- Feeling Thankful – 1906. The Cook Family Reunion in Neenah, Wisconsin
- Time. And Photo Identification – 1906. The Cook Family Reunion in Neenah, Wisconsin
- The Cook Family Photo Album – 1908. J. C. Gillett New Years greeting to Effie Cook
- Ice Roads – 1910. Traveling the ice roads of Lake Winnebago from Stockbridge, Wisconsin to to Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- The Secret Garden – 1911. Anola Josephine Cook
- Company C, 10th Infantry, Wisconsin State Guard – 1918. Lewis Herman Cook
- I had to stop being thick-headed – 1915. Lewis Herman Cook
- Auto Runs Into Swarm of Bees – 1924. Lewis Herman Cook
- She Was Hopeful Till the End – Part 1. Martha Wheeler Paine Cook Johnston
- She Was Hopeful Till the End – Part 2. Martha Wheeler Paine Cook Johnston
- A Child Lost – 1927. Martha Wheeler Paine Cook Johnston, Henry Harold Cook
- A Mother’s Grief – 1927. Martha Wheeler Paine Cook Johnston
- The Cook Peony – 2014.