The Cook family is my “go to” family for stories. The Cooks provide an opportunity to write about all subjects that deal with genealogy.
- The tragedy of going down with a ship? Check
- Surviving a ship wreck? Check
- Surviving a train wreck? Check
- Taking in a child as your adopted child when a parent has died and the surviving parent not able to care for the children? Check
- Attended an inaugural ball of a United States President? Check
- State politician? Check
- United States politician? Check
- Serial Entrepreneur? Check
- Family unable to agree as to when the patriarch of the family passed away? Check
The list could, and does go on.
So please pardon the many posts about this family. I find them fascinating.