Coming from Germany the Tappers settled in Lake County, Indiana. The family emigrated from Ostfriesland as Klöfkorns, adopting the surname Tapper when Gretje Folkerts Müller Klöfkorn married Edzard Heinrich Tapper on 4 Jan 1875 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.
The Tapper Family Stories Choose Your Own Adventure
The Tapper Family Stories Category allows you to scroll through the posts.
OR Follow the links below to read the posts by date, title or subject matter.
- In Memory Of – 1870. In Memory of Albert Heinrich Klöfkorn
- Strength at Christmas. Gretje Folkerts Müller Klöfkorn Tapper lost both of her husbands at Christmas time
- Like the Lights – 1913. New street lights for Hammond, Indiana, with a trip to view similar lights in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Letters to Germany – 1917. “No More Mail to Germany”
- Housing Elephants – 1922. The Shrine Circus comes to Hammond, Indiana
- Amethysts Are For February – 1927. Verna Amelia Gray’s 15th Birthday
- The Tapper Monument – 1929. Oak Hill Cemetery, Hammond, Indiana
- Swallow-Tail Coat and A Plug Hat – 1927. The wedding of Gretje Sophia Tapper to Albert Julius Warber, Hammond, Indiana
- I Purchased a SHOTBOX During Rootstech – 1955. Photographing mementos
- Letter Writers in the Family – 1955. Letters written back and forth when Emmie Lou Tapper spends a summer in Europe
- 1909 ~ 1929 ~ 2019. In Memory of Roland John Tapper
- A Day for Peace – 2022. A final goodbye to Emmie Lou Tapper Sternitzky